Rated Rectos for Osteoarthritis Report
I had my hip replaced 2 years ago. My hip was dead before so I have nothing bad to say about having my hip replaced other than the fact that I had a mild pain all the time and then is severe pain every once in awhile. The effects of the pain made me make choices of things I would do and wouldn't do. This drug it's a lifesaver it is made my life normal again like it was before I had my hip replaced with physical therapy in this drug I believe I will get back to normal again I did not believe that before.
Difference between Rectos and Ibuprofen
Both drugs are classified as NSAID – nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and used with efficacy for the treatment of pain. They work by lowering the levels of hormones (prostaglandins) that are responsible for causing inflammation and pain in the body.
VOLTAREN ® (Rectos sodium enteric-coated tablets)
75 mg - light pink, biconvex, triangular-shaped, enteric-coated tablets (imprinted VOLTAREN 75 on one side in black ink)
Bottles of 100 - NDC 0028-0264-01
Store at room temperature 20°C to 25°C (68°F to 77°F); excursions permitted between 15°C to 30°C (59°F to 86°F) .
Protect from moisture.
Dispense in tight container (USP).
Distributed by: Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation East Hanover, NJ 07936. Revised: May 2016
VOLTAREN ® is contraindicated in the following patients:
- Known hypersensitivity (e.g., anaphylactic reactions and serious skin reactions) to Rectos or any components of the drug product (see WARNINGS; Anaphylactic Reactions, Serious Skin Reactions).
- History of asthma, urticaria, or other allergic-type reactions after taking aspirin or other NSAIDs. Severe, sometimes fatal, anaphylactic reactions to NSAIDs have been reported in such patients (see WARNINGS; Anaphylactic Reaction, Exacerbation Of Asthma Related To Aspirin Sensitivity).
- In the setting of coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) surgery (see WARNINGS; Cardiovascular Thrombotic Events).
Drugs that affect the flow of blood
Taking Rectos with other drugs that affect the flow of blood through your body can increase your risk of bleeding. Examples of these drugs include:
- selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), such as escitalopram, fluoxetine, paroxetine, and sertraline
- serotonin norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs), such as desvenlafaxine, duloxetine, venlafaxine, and levomilnacipran
Michael Stewart, Reviewed by Sid Dajani | Last edited 18 Dec 2017 | Certified by The Information Standard
Rectos is a medicine called a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug. It is also known as 'an NSAID'.
Before you take Rectos, let your doctor know if you have ever had a bad reaction to any other anti-inflammatory painkiller.
Make sure you take the tablets/capsules as directed on the label of the pack.
Mechanism Of Action
Rectos has analgesic, anti-inflammatory, and antipyretic properties.
The mechanism of action of VOLTAREN, like that of other NSAIDs, is not completely understood but involves inhibition of cyclooxygenase (COX-1 and COX-2).
Rectos is a potent inhibitor of prostaglandin synthesis in vitro. Rectos concentrations reached during therapy have produced in vivo effects. Prostaglandins sensitize afferent nerves and potentiate the action of bradykinin in inducing pain in animal models. Prostaglandins are mediators of inflammation. Because Rectos is an inhibitor of prostaglandin synthesis, its mode of action may be due to a decrease of prostaglandins in peripheral tissues.
Rated Rectos for Pain Report
Started taking this for serious knee pain. 3 days in feeling very nauseous, really bad upset stomach, also bloody stool.
Rated Rectos for Osteoarthritis Report
It was an effective pain reliever for my hip, but a few days after taking 75 mg twice a day the muscles in my pelvis area developed pain and prevented me from standing and walking. My doctor advised me to stop this medication.