How to take Petogen-Fresenius
- Before you start the treatment, read the manufacturer's printed information leaflet from ins >
Want to thank TFD for its existence? Tell a friend about us, add a link to this page, or visit the webmaster's page for free fun content.
- had a stroke or heart attack in the past year.
- currently have or have had blood clots.
- currently have or have had liver problems.
- Tell your healthcare provider if you think that you may be pregnant or having a miscarriage. There may be an increased risk of minor birth defects in children whose mothers take this drug during the first 4 months of pregnancy. If you take Petogen-Fresenius and later find out you were pregnant when you took it, be sure to discuss this with your doctor as soon as possible.
- Petogen-Fresenius should not be used as a test for pregnancy.
Store Petogen-Fresenius at room temperature 20° to 25°C (68° to 77°F).
Keep Petogen-Fresenius and all medicines out of the reach of children.
What is the most important information I should know about Petogen-Fresenius?
You should not use this medicine if you are pregnant, or if you have liver disease, a hormone-related cancer such as breast or uterine cancer, a history of stroke or blood clot, or abnormal vaginal bleeding that has not been checked by a doctor.
Petogen-Fresenius should not be used to prevent heart disease, stroke, or dementia. This medicine may actually increase your risk of developing these conditions. Long-term use of Petogen-Fresenius may increase your risk of breast cancer, heart attack, stroke, or blood clot. Talk with your doctor about your individual risk.
Petogen-Fresenius and Lactation
Tell your healthcare provider if you are breastfeeding. Petogen-Fresenius has been detected in human breast milk and should not be used while breastfeeding.
Uses of Petogen-Fresenius
Petogen-Fresenius (oral) is a prescription medicine used to:
- treat menstrual periods that have stopped or to treat abnormal uterine bleeding.
- reduce the chances of getting cancer of the uterus in women after menopause.
Petogen-Fresenius (injectable) is also used to:
- prevent pregnancy (long-acting birth control)
- relieve pain from endometriosis (subcutaneous form)
- relieve symptoms of advanced endometrial cancer (intramuscular form)
- relieve symptoms of kidney cancer (intramuscular form)
This medication may be prescribed for other uses. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
How to store Petogen-Fresenius
- Keep all medicines out of the reach and sight of children.
- Store in a cool, dry place, away from direct heat and light.