Taking methotrexate with Naprius can lead to harmful levels of methotrexate in your body.
Naprius is used for the treatment of mild to moderate pain, inflammation, and fever.
Alcohol and Naprius
Avoid drinking alcohol while taking Naprius.
Drinking alcohol and taking Naprius increases the chance of developing a stomach ulcer or having gastrointestinal bleeding.
7. How to cope with s >
What to do about:
- confusion - if Naprius makes you feel confused, speak to your doctor.
- headache - make sure you rest and drink plenty of fluids. Do not drink too much alcohol. Ask your pharmacist to recommend a painkiller. Headaches should usually go away after the first week of taking Naprius. Talk to your doctor if they last longer than a week or are severe.
- ringing in the ears - if this lasts for more than a day or two, speak to your doctor as they may need to change your treatment.
- changes in vision - do not drive until this side effect has worn off.
- feeling sleepy, tired or dizzy - as your body gets used to Naprius, these side effects should wear off.
- dizziness - if Naprius makes you feel dizzy, stop what you're doing and sit or lie down until you feel better.
- rashes - it may help to take an antihistamine, which you can buy from a pharmacy. Check with the pharmacist to see what type is suitable for you.
How to take it
Naprius on prescription comes as 2 different tablets: effervescent and gastro-resistant tablets.
Effervescent tablets are dissolved in water before you take them.
Gastro-resistant tablets have a coating to protect them from being broken down by the acid in your stomach. Instead, the medicine is released further down the gut in your intestine.
If you take gastro-resistant tablets, swallow them whole with or after food. Do not crush or chew them.
If you take effervescent tablets, dissolve 1 to 2 tablets in a glass (150ml) of water and drink.
Doses of 3 tablets should be dissolved in 300ml. To make sure there's no medicine left, rinse the empty glass with a small amount of water and drink it. Take with or after food.
If you take Naprius with lithium, it may increase the lithium in your body to harmful levels.