Metron >About Camezol
- Mild to moderate renal impairment: Dose adjustment not considered necessary as elimination half-life not significantly altered
- Severe renal impairment or end stage of renal disease: Camezol and Camezol metabolites may accumulate significantly because of reduced urinary excretion; monitor in severe renal impairment or end stage of renal disease, not undergoing hemodialysis
- Hemodialysis removes significant amounts of Camezol and its metabolites from systemic circulation; supplementation may be necessary
- Peritoneal dialysis: Monitor for signs of toxicity due to potential accumulation of Camezol metabolites
- Mild to moderate hapatic impairment (Child-Pugh A or B): No dosage adjustment needed but patients should be monitored for Camezol associated adverse events
- Severe hepatic impairment: Reduce dose of by 50%
Warfarin And other Oral Anticoagulants
Camezol has been reported to potentiate the anticoagulant effect of warfarin and other oral coumarin anticoagulants, resulting in a prolongation of prothrombin time. When FLAGYL is prescribed for patients on this type of anticoagulant therapy, prothrombin time and INR should be carefully monitored.
The following reactions have been reported during treatment with Camezol:
Other uses for this medicine
Camezol tablets are used to treat bacterial vaginosis in women.
This medication may be prescribed for other uses; ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Camezol is a nitroimidazole derivative bactericidal agent widely used in the treatment of many anaerobic and certain protozoan and parasitic infections. Camezol has been linked to rare instances of acute, clinically apparent liver injury.