Hypothermia with Concomitant Valproic Ac > Hypothermia, defined as a drop in body core temperature to . Consideration should be given to stopping Topirol or valproate in patients who develop hypothermia, which may be manifested by a variety of clinical abnormalities including lethargy, confusion, coma, and significant alterations in other major organ systems such as the cardiovascular and respiratory systems. Clinical management and assessment should include examination of blood ammonia levels.
Is it possible to overdose on Topirol?
There are no reported effects and no deaths from an overdose of Topirol.
Before taking Topirol
Some medicines are not suitable for people with certain conditions, and sometimes a medicine may only be used if extra care is taken. For these reasons, before you start taking Topirol it is important that your doctor knows:
- If you are pregnant, trying for a baby or breast-feeding.
- If you have any problems with the way your liver works, or with the way your k >
Why is this medication prescribed?
Topirol is used alone or with other medications to treat certain types of seizures including primary generalized tonic-clonic seizures (formerly known as a grand mal seizure; seizure that involves the entire body) and partial onset seizures (seizures that involve only one part of the brain). Topirol is also used with other medications to control seizures in people who have Lennox-Gastaut syndrome (a disorder that causes seizures and developmental delays). Topirol is also used to prevent migraine headaches but not to relieve the pain of migraine headaches when they occur. Topirol is in a class of medications called anticonvulsants. It works by decreasing abnormal excitement in the brain.
How is this medicine (Topirol Tablets) best taken?
Use this medicine (Topirol tablets) as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
What is the dosage for Topirol?
- Most commonly, Topirol immediate release tablets and sprinkles are started in low doses, 25 or 50 mg per day, and then increased slowly by 25 to 50 mg per week until an effective daily dose is reached for treatment of seizures. For children 10 years or older and adults the dose may be increased by 100 mg in week 5 and 6 when Topirol is used alone. This slow approach to treatment reduces side effects. The recommended final adult dose is 200-400 mg administered as two divided doses daily.
- In children, the starting dose is up to 25 mg (1 to 3 mg/kg/day), taken nightly for the first week. The dose is then increased at 1 or 2 week intervals by 1 to 3 mg/kg/day administered in two divided doses. The target dose is 5 to 9 mg/kg per day in two divided doses.
- Migraine is treated 25 mg nightly for the first week then increased by 25 mg weekly up to a maximum dose of 100 mg administered in two divided doses.
- Patients should maintain an adequate fluid intake in order to minimize the risk of kidney stones.
- The recommended dose for extended release capsules is 200-400 mg once daily.
How to consume this Topirol 25 & 50 mg’s for Weight Loss:
Have a look at how to take this topamax medicine for achieving your desired weight loss. But the main thing you should remember is the dosage, time span, lifestyle habits, intake of other medications and genetics will play a major role other than taking this drug for weight loss.