Serious side effects
Call your doctor right away if you have serious side effects. Call 911 if your symptoms feel life-threatening or if you think you’re having a medical emergency. Serious side effects and their symptoms can include the following:
- Severe skin rash. Symptoms can include:
- itchy hives (raised bumps on your skin)
- red or purple-colored spots on your skin
- scaly skin
- trouble breathing
- swelling of your face or throat
- lack of appetite
- weight loss
- right upper abdominal area pain or discomfort
- jaundice (dark-colored urine or yellowing of your skin or the whites of your eyes)
Disclaimer: Our goal is to provide you with the most relevant and current information. However, because drugs affect each person differently, we cannot guarantee that this information includes all possible side effects. This information is not a substitute for medical advice. Always discuss possible side effects with a healthcare provider who knows your medical history.
Milurit oral tablet can interact with other medications, vitamins, or herbs you may be taking. An interaction is when a substance changes the way a drug works. This can be harmful or prevent the drug from working well.
To help avoid interactions, your doctor should manage all of your medications carefully. Be sure to tell your doctor about all medications, vitamins, or herbs you’re taking. To find out how this drug might interact with something else you’re taking, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Why is this medication prescribed?
Milurit is used to treat gout, high levels of uric acid in the body caused by certain cancer medications, and kidney stones. Milurit is in a class of medications called xanthine oxidase inhibitors. It works by reducing the production of uric acid in the body. High levels of uric acid may cause gout attacks or kidney stones. Milurit is used to prevent gout attacks, not to treat them once they occur.
Serious Side Effects of Milurit
Call your doctor immediately if you experience any of the following serious side effects:
- Fever, sore throat, and headache with a severe blistering, peeling and red skin rash
- Any sign of skin rash, no matter how mild
- Nausea, upper stomach pain, itching, loss of appetite, weight loss, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice
- Pain or bleeding when urinating
- Urinating less frequently or not at all
- Joint pain or flu symptoms
- Easy bruising, unusual bleeding, or purple or red pinpoint spots under the skin
- Severe tingling, numbness, pain, or muscle weakness
Milurit S >
Some less serious side effects of Milurit may include:
- Muscle pain
- Changes in sense or taste
Since other medications may interact with Milurit, tell your doctor about all prescription, non-prescription, illegal, recreational, herbal, nutritional, or dietary drugs you are taking, especially:
- Azathioprine (Imuran)
- Chlorpropamide (Diabinese)
- Cyclosporine (Gengraf, Sandimmune, Neoral)
- Mercaptopurine (Purinethol)
- Antibiotics such as ampicillin (Principen, Omnipen, others) or amoxicillin (Amoxil, Augmentin, Trimox, Wymox)
- Blood thinners such as warfarin (Coumadin)
- Diuretics (water pills)
Rated Milurit for Hyperuricemia Report
I have been on 100 mg of this drug along with the colcrys for high uric acid. I do not think I have this condition as I think that it is related to the high blood pressure diaritic I am taking. But whatever. I have had diahrea since I started this drug. I hate it. Will talk to Dr. to stop this. It is awful, am tired along with the other side effects noted.