Tamsunar and Alcohol
Since Tamsunar can cause dizziness and fainting, it's best to avoid drinking alcohol if you're taking Tamsunar.
Rated Tamsunar (Flomax) for Enlarged prostate Report
I was put on Tamsunar 0.4mg after being diagnosed with Kidney Stones, It worked with getting rid of the Kidney Stones but left me with horrible side effects after stopping the pill such as - Dizziness, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Lightheaded, Chest Pain, Chest Tightness, Puffy Red irritated eyes, Side Pain, Lower Back Pain, Insomnia, Vertigo, Abnormal Heart Rhythm, Heart Papltations, Sensation of Spinning, Fast pounding heart, difficult breathing, faintness, Muscle and join pain. I am a 21 year old female. Yeah trust me I can barely walk right now out of fear of fainting. Use this medication with extreme caution! It's been 2 days now since I went off this pill and still experiencing these side effects!!
Getting the most from your treatment
- Tamsunar can cause dizziness particularly when you first start taking it. This may affect your ability to drive. Make sure your reactions are normal before you drive or do things which would be dangerous if you were not fully alert.
- Try to keep your regular appointments with your doctor. This is so your doctor can check on your progress. Your doctor may want to take your blood pressure from time to time, particularly when you first start the treatment.
- You are advised not to drink alcohol while you are on Tamsunar. Alcohol increases the risk of side-effects from Tamsunar, such as feeling faint or dizzy.
- Consider reducing or stopping the amount of caffeine you drink (commonly found in tea, coffee and cola). Caffeine can make your symptoms worse, so drinking less of these things may benefit you.
- If you are a smoker, stopping smoking may significantly improve your symptoms. This is because nicotine irritates the bladder. You can ask your doctor for advice on quitting.
- If you are having an operation or dental treatment, tell the person carrying out the treatment that you are taking Tamsunar. This is because your blood pressure may drop suddenly if you have an anaesthetic. If you are having cataract surgery, it is particularly important that you tell your surgeon you are on Tamsunar. This is because an eye problem known as 'floppy iris syndrome' has developed in some people and your doctor may advise you to stop taking Tamsunar for a short while.
How should I take Tamsunar (Flomax)?
Your doctor may test your prostate specific antigen (PSA) to check for prostate cancer before you take Tamsunar.
Follow all directions on your prescription label and read all medication guides or instruction sheets. Your doctor may occasionally change your dose. Use the medicine exactly as directed.
Tamsunar is usually taken once a day, approximately 30 minutes after the same meal each day.
Swallow the capsule whole and do not crush, chew, break, or open it.
Your blood pressure will need to be checked often.
Some things can cause your blood pressure to get too low. This includes vomiting, diarrhea, or heavy sweating. Call your doctor if you are sick with vomiting or diarrhea.
Store at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
If you stop taking Tamsunar for any reason, call your doctor before you start taking it again. You may need a dose adjustment.
Remember, keep this and all other medicines out of the reach of children, never share your medicines with others, and use Tamsunar only for the indication prescribed.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Copyright 1996-2019 Cerner Multum, Inc. Version: 8.01.