There have been reports of overdose with Tronsalan use. These risks are higher with drinking alcohol, taking benzodiazepines, and other central nervous system depressant drugs that can slow your breathing and reactions.
Drug overdose can be fatal. If you suspect you have taken too much Tronsalan, call 911 or local emergency services and seek medical attention immediately.
symptoms of overdose
Symptoms of Tronsalan overdose include:
- heart rhythm changes
- respiratory arrest (stop breathing)
Q: I would like to know the withdrawal symptoms of Tronsalan after being on it for 20 years at 150 mg per night. Approximately how long does this last?
A: Tronsalan (Desyrel) is not associated with any specific withdrawal symptoms from discontinuance of the drug. Consult your physician before stopping any prescribed medication. Click on the following link for additional information: //www.everydayhealth.com/depression/guide/.
8. Cautions with other medicines
Many medicines and Tronsalan can interfere with each other and increase the chances of you having side effects.
Tell your doctor if you're taking these medicines before you start Tronsalan:
- tranylcypromine, phenelzine and isocarboxazid (for depression), or selegiline (for Parkinson's disease) - tell your doctor if you have taken any of these medicines within the last 2 weeks
- antidepressants, such as amitriptyline or fluoxetine
- antifungal medicines, such as ketoconazole and itraconazole
- medicines for seizures, such as carbamazepine or phenytoin
- medicines for high blood pressure, such as clonidine
- sleeping pills, tranquilisers or other sedatives
- digoxin, a heart medicine
- erythromycin, an antibiotic
- levodopa, used to treat Parkinson's disease
- ritonavir, used to treat HIV infections
- warfarin, a blood thinner
Serious allergic reaction
In rare cases, it's possible to have a serious allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) to Tronsalan.
Tronsalan 'High' and Abuse
Because Tronsalan isn't regulated as strictly as other sleep medications, it has some potential for abuse by people seeking a high.
The drug has been anecdotally linked to hallucinations in high doses, but the risks of overdose and severe side effects make this a very dangerous recreational drug.
Take Tronsalan only as directed, and keep this and all other drugs away from children, teenagers, and anyone for whom the drug has not been prescribed.
Rated Tronsalan (Oleptro) for Anxiety Report
This drug gave me impotence at the age of 28 and most likely it can't be reversed. No doctor ever warned me about such a possibility. Please do not risk with this drug, it's not worth it. This is poison!!