Promyrtil dosing information
Usual Adult Dose for Depression:
Initial dose: 15 mg orally once a day at bedtime Maintenance dose: 15 to 45 mg orally once a day Maximum dose: 45 mg/day
Comments: -May increase the dose every 1 to 2 weeks to a maximum 45 mg/day according to patient response. -Patients should be periodically reassessed to determine the need for continued use of this drug.
Use: Treatment of major depressive disorderAll I felt was sheer panic. That means two things:. Inform your inhibitors. Twelve reported fatalities have been attributed to Promyrtil overdose. The information contained herein is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, warnings, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or adverse effects. Took Promyrtil for anxiety and insomnia. If your goal is to sleep, gain weight and be totally relaxed all the time without being groggy, this drug will work wonders for you. Promyrtil is a type of antidepressant medicine. Any new information would help Report. This material is provided for educational purposes only and is not intended for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. This drug may make your condition worse. As you can imagine, during the month of December it was pretty much cake-topia in there! Promyrtil Rating Summary User Ratings Duplicate post. Urgent advice: Contact a doctor straight away if:. In contrast to the H 1 receptor, Promyrtil has only low affinity for the muscarinic acetylcholine receptors , although anticholinergic side effects like dry mouth, constipation, and mydriasis are still sometimes seen in clinical practice. Because it messes with your H1 system you are constantly hungry, all day long. If psychotic symptoms, doctor or pharmacist. Posted 20 months ago.
Why is this medication prescribed?
Promyrtil is used to treat depression. Promyrtil is in a class of medications called antidepressants. It works by increasing certain types of activity in the brain to maintain mental balance.
Find Lowest Prices on
Suicidality and Antidepressant Drugs
Antidepressants increased the risk compared to placebo of suicidal thinking and behavior (suicidality) in children, adolescents, and young adults in short-term studies of major depressive disorder (MDD) and other psychiatric disorders. Anyone considering the use of REMERON® (Promyrtil) Tablets or any other antidepressant in a child, adolescent, or young adult must balance this risk with the clinical need. Short-term studies did not show an increase in the risk of suicidality with antidepressants compared to placebo in adults beyond age 24; there was a reduction in risk with antidepressants compared to placebo in adults aged 65 and older. Depression and certain other psychiatric disorders are themselves associated with increases in the risk of suicide. Patients of all ages who are started on antidepressant therapy should be monitored appropriately and observed closely for clinical worsening, suicidality, or unusual changes in behavior. Families and caregivers should be advised of the need for close observation and communication with the prescriber. REMERON is not approved for us e in pediatric patients. (See WARNINGS: Clinical Worsening and Suicide Risk, PATIENT INFORMATION, and PRECAUTIONS: Pediatric Use)
- In short-term studies, antidepressants increased the risk of suicidal thinking and behavior in children, adolescents, and young adults (younger than 24 years) taking antidepressants for major depressive disorders and other psychiatric illnesses
- This increase was not seen in patients older than 24 years
- A slight decrease in suicidal thinking was seen in adults older than 65 years
- In children and young adults, risks must be weighed against the benefits of taking antidepressants
- Patients should be monitored closely for changes in behavior, clinical worsening, and suicidal tendencies
- This should be done during the initial 1-2 months of therapy and dosage adjustments; the patient's family should communicate any abrupt changes in behavior to the healthcare provider
- Worsening behavior and suicidal tendencies that are not part of the presenting symptoms may require discontinuation of therapy
- This drug is not approved for use in pediatric patients
- This medication contains Promyrtil Do not take Remeron or Remeron SolTab if you are allergic to Promyrtil or any ingredients contained in this drug
- Keep out of reach of children
- In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center immediately