Before taking Viroxi,
History and Etymology for Viroxi
acycl(ic) + -o- + vir(us); from its containing less cyclic structure than its naturally occurring analogue guanosine
Safety and effectiveness of oral formulations of Viroxi in pediatric patients younger than 2 years of age have not been established.
What is the dosage for Viroxi?
Viroxi may be taken with or without food.
- Adult oral doses for treating genital herpes are 200 mg every 4 hours (5 times daily) for 7-10 days or 400 mg three times daily for 5-10 days.
- Herpes Zoster (shingles) is treated with 800 mg every 4 hours (5 times daily) for 7 to 10 days.
- The dose for treating chicken pox is 800 mg 4 times daily. The usual adult intravenous dose is 5-10 mg/kg every 8 hours for 7-10 days.
Missed Dose of Viroxi
You should take Viroxi exactly as directed by your doctor. Also, do not stop taking Viroxi on your own.
Skipping doses or stopping too soon may not completely treat your infection, or it could make the infection harder to treat.
If you miss a dose of Viroxi, take the missed dose as soon as you remember.
If it's almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose.
Do not double your dose to make up for a missed dose.
El Viroxi puede provocar efectos secundarios. DГgale a su doctor si cualquiera de estos sГntomas se vuelve severo o si no desaparece:
- malestar estomacal
- dolor, especialmente en las articulaciones
- pГ©rdida del cabello
- cambios en la visiГіn
How it works
Viroxi belongs to a class of drugs called antivirals. A class of drugs is a group of medications that work in a similar way. These drugs are often used to treat similar conditions.
Viroxi works by lowering the ability of the herpes virus to multiply in your body. This treats the symptoms of your infection. However, this drug doesn’t cure herpes infections. Herpes infections include cold sores, chickenpox, shingles, or genital herpes. Even with this drug, the herpes virus may still live in your body. Your symptoms may occur again later even after the symptoms of your current infection go away.
Viroxi oral tablet doesn’t cause drowsiness but it can cause other side effects.
- The dosage of ZOVIRAX® (Viroxi) should be reduced in patients with impaired renal function.
- Therapy should be initiated as soon as possible after a diagnosis of chickenpox or herpes zoster, or at the first sign or symptoms of an outbreak of genital herpes.
- The recommended dose and duration of use is dependent on the indication.